Re: Strange Fatal Error Possibly Memory

On 6/22/07, Dan <frozendice@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Tijnema" <tijnema@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:d8269d910706211137q384b2593uc14b15e69c2dbaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On 6/21/07, Dan <frozendice@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm using Delphi4PHP so a lot of the code is prewritten components,
>> libraries, etc. Here's some code that I can post without giving away too
>> much.  As you can see it's not your typical PHP, it is using a ton of
>> specific functions.
>>
> <snip>
>
> Nah, the code is probably in the Delphi4PHP code, I found this forum
> topic, which might help you:
> http://forums.delphi-php.net/showthread.php?s=7914eb00a6869351f1734d447e6c6faa&t=401
>
> Tijnema

I'm checked and renamed any and all functions that sound like they would
even remotely conflict with some other PHP function by putting the name of
the program on the end.  I also after looking for a while found that if you
call a function but spell the function incorrectly when  you're calling it
you can get the same fatal error.  I also checked every PHP call and they
are all spelled correctly.  I also looked through all my file access code
and made sure that the handlers always closed.

Is there some way to track down where this Fatal Error is coming from?  I
know you can't catch them like exceptions but there must be SOME way of
debugging them.  Right?

- Daniel

If you have access to the PHP CLI, you could try running strace or gdb
on it (strace is more usefull here I think), and see what happens
inside of PHP.

Tijnema

--
Vote for PHP Color Coding in Gmail! -> http://gpcc.tijnema.info