Re: phpinfo displays blank page

On 6/20/07, Tijnema <tijnema@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/21/07, Jeff Schwartz <jeff_schwartz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You're right, that works. So why doesn't my script work? All it contains is:
>
> <?php
> phpinfo();
> ?>

Hard to say, as this just *should* work.

What you can try is to hook up the processor with some debugger....
The strace program will do the job I think, if not, then you should
move on to GDB.
This should point out some errors that point to the problem.

Oh, btw, maybe very obvious but is your script readable by the user
you execute the PHP CLI with?

Tijnema

*Also, please don't top post...*

> Tijnema <tijnema@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 6/20/07, Jeff Schwartz wrote:
> > Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
> >
> > I checked the archives and viewed the source before I posted the problem.
> The source is empty except for the junk IE puts into it. Is there a specific
> log or error file I should check?
> >
> > I upgraded from 4.x. I also ran "php phpinfo.php" (phpinfo.php is a script
> containing only the phpinfo command) at a server prompt but nothing was
> displayed.
>
> What happens if you run this on the command line:
> php -r "phpinfo();"
>
> That should work :)
>
> Tijnema
> >

> > Jochem Maas wrote:
> > Daniel Brown wrote:
> >
> > lots of people :-)
> >
> > what did you upgrade from?
> > do what Dan said - only I'd run through his points in the following order
> 2,3,1
> >
> > you may have php setup to log elsewhere than the apache error log - if so
> check there also.
> >
> > lastly I sometimes find it useful to try running the cmdline version php -
> sometimes
> > I screw things up and the cmdline is helpful in that it [sometimes]
> > spits out a bunch of errors (usually related to extensions that could not
> be loaded)

> > > 1.) Search the archives.
> > > 2.) Try to view the source of the page. If you see the PHP
> > > source, it's not working properly.
> > > 3.) Check the Apache error logs.
> > >
> > > See what you come up with after trying all three of the above and
> > > post your results. It'll give everyone here a better idea of what
> > > your particular problem may be.

> > Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's
> on, when.

   Jeff,

   Check to make sure that the extension is loaded when you restart
Apache.  You did restart Apache, right?

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272