Re: Program Execution and reading results

2007. 06. 21, csütörtök keltezéssel 01.13-kor makhan ezt írta:
> Thanks Paul for your response. my issue is not just reading from the output
> text file. But my issue is what I would do in the php script while the
> program is execting( i.e after issueing shell_exec() command) and how would
> i know that file has been written so that i can read it using php.

use exec() instead of shell_exec()
http://hu2.php.net/manual/en/function.exec.php

and specify the second and third parameters to get output and return
value from the external program. then it can return the filename, thus
you can open it from php

greets
Zoltán Németh