Re: PHP calling an ISAPI Extension

Dan wrote:
> I've looked arround and I can't find any mention of ISAPI COM, it's a
> pretty low level way of making applications,

it would be upto the ISAPI code to 'publish' a COM interface to its
functionality. in php you merely start a COM session by creating a COM object
that inits the functionality offered by the ISAPI code by way of the passed in 'modulename'
... the functionality available via the php COM object interface is dependent on
whatever the ISAPI exposes via COM.

try also searching for ISAPI and OLE combinations.

I'll be honest and say that I'm just stabbing in the dark, but it just seems right that
you should be able to talk to the ISAPI interface somehow withit involve the network stack
or HTTP.

goodluck.

> you used to be able to
> install PHP itself as a COM application on IIS to do PHP stuff.
>
> Is there any sort of compatiblity list for com?

not sure what you mean.