Re: Re: php framework, large site

On Tuesday 19 June 2007 09:26, Robert Cummings wrote:

> Making up phrases and passing them off as though they are common adages
> only goes towards showing that you have no steam to your argument.

I really wish you would make up your mind. On the one hand you value
individuality and originality (or so you claim) and yet now you dismiss
my quote because of it's lack of popularity? All great quotes comes from
humble origins, and you yourself said that popularity does not equate to
quality.

> I have little faith in your words now. If I
> wanted fallacious reasoning I'd go watch a commercial on the telly.

Your loss, not mine :)

> You're not very good at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

In that case could you point out to me where you mistake my pointing out
projects' lack of updates equates to a project's lack of popularity.

> > Read what I wrote above, I'm talking about UPDATES (or the lack of),
> > not popularity.
>
> You implied it.

Where? How? Maybe the English that they taught me at school is subtly
different to the English that you learnt.

> It doesn't seem like you're exchanging ideas.

That is a suggestion.

> I have plenty of ideas, but they would mostly be based on my experience
> writing InterJinn and what I hate about other frameworks I've come
> across, as such I chose to keep quiet rather than pollute his ideology
> with my own and sound like I'm tooting my own horn. I often find myself
> writing responses to people that are based on "what I did or do" in my
> framework... often I delete them before sending them because I don't
> like how it seems impartial. once in a while it still comes up, but I'm
> not perfect.

The OP was not asking questions on _how_ a framework should behave or
_what_ a framework should contain. Rather the question was "how to
_start_ [writing a] php framwork [sic]". Your answer, should it ever be
forthcoming, need not pollute his innocent mind with your framework
ideals.

> One of the ways to do anything is to just wade in.

Er, obviously. Can't really argue with that statement. Another true
statement is "One of the ways to do anything is to study the situation
before you wade in." So your point?

> Who are you to
> assess the OP's skills and determine that he is unable to make a
> reasonable assessment?

I think you were the one assessing the OP's skills. You stated that
evaluating the available frameworks is a "staggering task", yet suggest
that the OP go ahead and write his own framework. In my life experience,
judging is easier than creating. I know a good book when I read one, a
good meal when I eat one and a good movie when I see one, however I'm not
sure I know how to write a good novel, cook a good meal or make a good
movie.

> But going back to your point about narrowing it down, you've
> already jumped to the conclusion that the OP has no clue what he's
> doing and so it follows that he probably wouldn't know how to begin
> narrowing down the candidates since that would require experience.

And yet he is able to put together a kickass framework sometime in the
future through flirting with serendipity?

> > So working as a one-person band on your very own framework how easy is
> > it to get your code reviewed? And a security audit?
>
> I'm going to borrow a bit of your style here and make a fallacious
> statement... I write perfect code and I have no bugs.

There, your ego is showing through again :) I was using "you" as in the
royal "One", not "you" as in "you, Robert".

Still, it's good to know that your code is flawless and can be relied
upon.

--
Crayon