Re: Keeping sessions

Jorge González wrote:
Ok, you both are right but not what I need because web servers is for shared hosting with PHP then each user choose the way to develop their apps. Then one user maybe store sessions in DB but another one not. This should be on Apache or OS side. It's because I talk about ldirector, LVS and so

I know this is a PHP and not an Apache list but maybe someone is doing this with web hosting...

Not only is this a PHP list, but your problem is a PHP problem. I'm shocked. No, really.

Apache does *not* get involved in sessions. Not at all.

You could put in a custom session handler using a prepended file. See the php.ini configuration option auto_prepend_file. I think there are also extensions available that drop in to replace the session extension - suggest you search the PECL site for those (http://pecl.php.net/). Of course you need to be aware that any PHP script can override both of these options.

Just to clarify, you're building a shared hosting system that load balances all sites across a cluster of web servers? If not, please explain what it is you're actually trying to do.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/