Re: Controlling project version

Miguel Vaz wrote:

    Hi,

I recently finished a project for our local city hall and some people asked me to do some version control for future updates. They suggested the use of a linux script called Recursive Version Control, which i never even heard anything about.

What do you guys/girls use out there? Subversion? CVS? Is there a point in using some linux script versus a "proper" program?

Would really appreciate some input on this. On everything works, etc. Thanks.

    Miguel Vaz

well, since google know nothing of this "linux script", I would be less likely to use it versus a well know prog like CVS or Subversion.

I prefer CVS.

Since you are working with a completed project, for the most part, I would recommend CVS.

One major pitfall that could arise is if you needed to change a directory name. It isn't too easy to do this with CVS, but it is fairly easy with Subversion.

Others may have different opinions about the two mentioned version control system, or suggest a different approach all together. But CVS is what I use, and it seems to work fine in all my projects just fine.

Jim