Re: create file permission problem (solved)

On 6/15/07, tedd <tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 5:31 PM -0400 6/15/07, Daniel Brown wrote:

>    Sounds like it was the decimal (three-bit, incorrect) versus octal
>(four bit, correct) chmod(); value after all.  Boo-yaa.... and stuff.

Nope, that was one of the things I had right from the "get-go".

The biggest problems I had were:

a) getting the file paths right.

b) understanding that if a file is not there, then you must to change
the permissions of the parent folder/directory to be able to create a
file.

c) understanding that working with files on a virtual host is quite
different than what's normally posted as a read/write solution.

d) understanding that I must use the ftp_connect() to connect with my
virtual host for these types of operations and that's different than
what's normally posted as a read/write solution.

Oh, to see it run -- see here:

http://sperling.com/a/readwrite/

I had made it one of my show-code examples, like this:

http://sperling.com/a/show-code/

But, in doing so, I found that I had written code that would expose
other php code in the folder if used cleverly. So I removed the
offending code. But, it was an interesting experience.

If you want to try being clever, there is a file in the show-code
folder entitled "a.php" -- tell me what it says. You have all the
tools you need to review the php file..

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------

   I don't think it's PAM-compliant to use a single-quote character
in your passwords, Tedd.  ;-P

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272