Re: Cannot un-subscribe from list

On 6/15/07, Jason Pruim <japruim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jun 15, 2007, at 2:47 PM, Daniel Brown wrote:

>> That can happen when a virus detects that your computer's components
>> are settling. To loosen them, you need to give your computer at least
>> three or four sharp blows. If it's a laptop, take it outside and
>> strike its edge against the sidewalk or a cement patio. If it's a
>> desktop, open the case and tap the top of the CPU with a ball peen
>> hammer.
>>
>> --
>>

>    Brian,
>
>    As of CPU >= 2.4GHz, this method is deprecated.  They must now be
> dropped from a height of 3 stories or greater to achieve the desired
> result.  I believe Symantec makes a product called "Geronimo" that
> does this.

I am actually working on a freeware version of this right now... I've
heard that Symantec has had issues with Geronimo figured I would give
it a shot, can't be worse right? :)

   Yes, but Symantec also has agreements with several anti-FLOSS
corporations, including Microsoft, to allow immediate deployment and
scalability with a variety of physical structures in major
metropolitan areas.  Unless you can create a network of open-source
architectural firms and materials plants, not to mention the CVS
construction company and GNU real estate agency, then I don't see how
you can compete with their ability to charge users $149.95 per license
to drop a system off the top of a building onto the pavement.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272