RE: Looking for help with forms/variables and an array!

On Tue, June 12, 2007 6:37 pm, BSumrall wrote:
> Is there much support for it?

Support for what?

> I didn't seem to find much support on ajax.

Ajax has a few zillion uesrs/zealots/developers.

I dunno how you missed them all, but they are out there.

And Ajax doesn't really care if your XML response comes from PHP,
Perl, ASP, or trained chipmunks.

PHP has tools to spit out XML.
PHP 5 even has *nice* tools to spit out XML.
(PHP 4 has three (3) not-so-nice tools to spit out XML)

> And I think this is the win all, kill all.
> PhP seems now and has been granddaddy of Linux file handlers just next
> Perl or Python.

Errr. Okay.

Perl would be granddaddy, PHP would be daddy, and Python is a mere
babe in the woods.

PHP is in its prime, probably, with the largest use-base, I think.

At least for now.

> For those whom do not touch Microsoft for anything other than play
> movies
> but survive on business systems. How well does it flip switches, move
> files,
> and changes permissions on Fedora, CentOS, and OpenBSD?

PHP works better on Fedora, CentOS, and BSD than on Windows...

I probably wouldn't even use MS to watch my movies, if the dang BFE
driver in FreeBSD didn't kernel panic with the DMA bus on my laptop
network card and over 1 G ram...
[that's WAY too much information, I know]

I don't think I actually understood your post, however.

Get some sleep and ask again. :-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?