Re: Re: need to collect credit card details

On 6/13/07, Ross <ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I wasn't keen to do this anyway. A deposit it is.

   Before you decide 100% on that, Ross, check out the Website
Payments Pro option.  It includes the Virtual Terminal, and has what's
called a "capture."  You can take the customer's information via your
form, so it doesn't even appear (at any point during the transaction)
that PayPal is even involved, but then it also doesn't charge them
right away.  You can then enter the final settlement amount at a later
time and choose to charge them or let the capture expire.

   As a side note, I've successfully gotten the WPP stuff set up here
at work, but as it's rather new, there's not much in the way of
community support or completed documentation (exempli gratia - the
NVPAPIDGR document, part B - error codes --- most of the errors are
less helpful than an old Perl 4 script giving the HTTP 500 ISE).
Nonetheless, it's easier than it sounds.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272