Address validation API's for PHP

Good morning group,

I am doing some searching and researching but I also know that this
world famous group may have some insight and resources that I can
benefit from.

I am looking for an address validation database and API to use with our
retail applications (does not have to be free). I would prefer to be
able to buy data according to postal code. I will likely use AJAX to
take an address that is input into the system and find a similar or
better address and then offer the user the opportunity to use the
returned address or the one that they put into the system. You have all
seen this in operation if you use maps.google.com when it does not flat
out recognize the address.

Is anyone aware of anything like this that they can point me to?

Thanks very much in advance.