Re: efficient log system

On 6/12/07, Alain Roger <raf.news@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to create a log system to keep a trace of all users' actions
(log-in, remove, change or update data, and so on...).
What should i do or to what should i take care to not have problem ?

I was thinking to create a folder on my server where log files will be
stored, but what is the best practice.

thanks a lot,

--
Alain

If you have access to the servers Apache access logs you can sort of
get some of this information yourself.  If you know that
/admin/edit.php?id=4 is showing a record and a POST follows you know
someone edited the record.

This way you can just parse the logs in any way you can think of while
keeping the actual code to your site clean.  I'd imagine you want more
detailed information based on user id's and all that, but this is an
option.