Re: What can cause session_destroy to fail?

Mattias Thorslund wrote:
Jim Lucas wrote:
Mattias Thorslund wrote:
Hi,

One of my clients just received a PHP warning that session_destroy()
failed. Using the default session handler (with tmp files), what are the
most likely things that can cause session_destroy() to return false?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Mattias

The session was never initiated on that page with session_start() ??

on this page

http://us.php.net/manual/en/function.session-destroy.php

the first couple comments talk about different ways that the
session_destroy() function call mail fail?  Any sound close?

I read that too, but (as I read it) it talks about what the function
does, and what you must do to to kill the session properly. But I can't
see what might actually cause the function to return false.

Mattias

maybe the fact that the session was never started in the first place

first off, define "failed".  Does it give a fatal error, return false, etc... ??

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare