From: BSumrall [mailto:Brads@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:21 AM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Looking for help with forms/variables and an array!

Dreamweaver help me with a good part of this, but now I am in the nitty
gritty code and trying to figure out.

General concept:

A selection box has 4 options, php queries the Mysql database for matching
options.

Then a second options box with another 4 options filters the query even
more.

Aspects I am a little stuck on.

1 associating options (in drop down box) with a variable
2 carrying the result set over two the second drop down box

Producing my final result set.

Here are some snippets of where I am at.

First selection box:

<form id="form1" name="form1" method="post" action="">
                      <label>market
                        <select name="select">
						   <OPTION>option1</OPTION>
						   <OPTION>option2</OPTION>
						   <OPTION>option3</OPTION>
						   <OPTION>option4</OPTION>
						</select>

Second selection box:

<form id="form2" name="form2" method="post" action="">
                      <label>market
                        <select name="select">
						   <OPTION>option1</OPTION>
						   <OPTION>option2</OPTION>
						   <OPTION>option3</OPTION>
						   <OPTION>option4</OPTION>
						</select>

$query_Recordset1 = "SELECT * FROM lstng_tbl WHERE range = '1'";

The number one is what the first set of just above is what form one is
supposed to change.

After that, how is the world am I going to do it twice for the second part
of the query?

Some good literature on how to do it TWICE would really help understand
this.

I find tons of stuff on doing it once!

Thank you kindly for any guidance you can provide.