To: "Sukhwinder Singh" <ssruprai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 1:28 AM
Subject: Re: File Upload - post_max_size and upload_max_filesize in GBs

Sukhwinder Singh wrote:
Sounds like you need a Java applet. I have little experience with this, but I know that quite a few exist. I have no idea if any of them support sending meta data with the upload. I suggest you start Googling.

Even java applets have to hand over the file to some script, in this case php and php will get it in $_FILES array it seems (in case of japplet). so the problem will remain.

Not at all true. A Java applet can use FTP to handle the upload and still pass meta data about the file as an HTTP POST request. There is no requirement to use HTTP to upload the file from a Java applet.

-Stut

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stut" <stuttle@xxxxxxxxx>