Re: filesize() and mime_content_type()

On 6/7/07, Chris Boget <chris.boget@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there anything special you need to do to utilize these functions?  The
former says it's available in versions 4 and 5 while the latter states that
it's available in versions >= 4.3 and 5 (although is deprecated).  I'm
currently running PHP version 4.3.11 on a Windows NT box.  Based on both
those pieces of information, it seems like I should be able to make use of
these 2 functions.  However, whenever I run the script I wrote doing so, I
get the errors

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mime_content_type()

and

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: filesize()

Why?  They are both internal PHP functions and are both available (or should
be available) in the version of PHP that I am running.  What's going on?

thnx,
Chris

   Sounds like a problem with the installation.  However, speaking of
deprecated, the mime_content_type() function is deprecated itself.
It's replaced by the PECL extension Fileinfo.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272