Re: works in 4.4.2 - breaks in 5.2.1

You are probably right. An attempted new post writes a totally empty file.  I was hoping it was just a syntax change in v5, but I discover that the code I was using isn't terribly good, so I'm spending some time on php.net and will try to create a new guestbook model using a mysql table, and hopefully some better formatted php to communicate with it. I'm really glad that the syntax is remarkably similar to the newest actionscript language, it makes it much easier for me to understand and learn it. This is my first venture into learning php the right way, instead of just jiggering with 'found' code, and I'm kinda excited that I got pushed into it. I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks,
jimbo