Re: works in 4.4.2 - breaks in 5.2.1

Thanks, sorry to expose my extreme ignorance. Glad I could provide some comic relief, though :-)
I appreciate the advice, will study php interfacing with mysql and set it up better. Will also study on pr0n spam and race conditions so I don't contribute to more bad code. You are probably right about the HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA being at the source of it. My studies on php.net found http_post_data, but not http_raw_post_data.
I'll keep studying.
jimbo