Urgent::Implementing PKI in PHP

We have a website in PHP where we want to implement PKI. The scenario is
that there would be some registered dealers who woud have to buy Digital
signatures. When they come to our website they would input several
information through PHP designed forms and use the digital signatures to
sign the data.

We wanted to use OpenSSL for the same. However what I fail to understand
is how to implement the OpenSSL functions for implementing the client side
of this, which would involve encryption using Private key etc, since PHP
would be parsed at the server only.

Please respond, it is an urgent requirement

Thx
Renuka