Re: Fwd: php5 and sendmail

Arvind Autar wrote:
I defiend the distrobution of linux, FC6 (fedora core 6), my php.ini is set
correcty afaik

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = srv1.mydomain.nl
smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
sendmail_from = info@xxxxxxxxxxx

; For Unix only.  You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t
-i").
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail

I'm not that keen with php, so could you help me out?

2007/6/5, Jim Lucas <lists@xxxxxxxxx>:

Arvind Autar wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Firstly, I'm not subcsribed so please CC me.
>
> The issue, I'm running FC6 with php5 and sendmail. I can use mail and
send
> mail with client inlc telnet sessions. However, mailing with php is just
> not
> working.
>
> This is what I'm using.
>
> <?php
> // The message
> $message = "Line 1\nLine 2\nLine 3";
>
> // In case any of our lines are larger than 70 characters, we should use
> wordwrap()
> $message = wordwrap($message, 70);
>
> // Send
> mail('arvind.autar@xxxxxxxxx', 'My Subject', $message);
> ?>
>
> Anyone got a clue?

Well, a little more information would be nice, like OS
and what is your setting in your php.ini file for sendmail set to?

Suggestion, maybe you need to set headers?  Valid from line might help.

Are you sure that it is not working?  Maybe GMail is flagging it as spam.

--
Jim Lucas

    "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
        and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Unknown

I would	comment out the windows only parts and restart apache and see if things work then