Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: preg_match() returns false but no documentation why

Richard Lynch wrote:
On Thu, May 31, 2007 7:26 am, Jared Farrish wrote:
That's what the 'period' is called in British English.
http://google.ca/search?q=define%3Afull+stop

In English syntax "period" and "full stop" are synonymous, and the
RegEx manual is throwing "dot" into the same bag.
That's very confusing to call it 'Full Stop' when it doesn't seem to
actually correlate to the regex meaning it identifies, don't you
think?
Maybe to a Brit or someone who understands Commonwealth English would
know
(I was aware of what it meant in CE, I just woudn't have imagined to
apply
it here, since it looks to be descriptive).

Kind've like an elephant trainer calling her elephant's trunk a boot.

@Brits: So is a comma or semi-colon called a Half Stop :-)

No.

@Americans: What did the letters s and u ever do to you?

-Stut