Re: Re: Re: preg_match() returns false but no documentation why

Read the manual:

All due respect, I did read it. It's just... a little dense and not
practically descriptive.

Maybe it's more practical to ask, "When is it practical to use it?"

It matches anything, so I assume that means you can use it to match, say, a
paragraph that you can't predict or match against? One that you're looking
for a pattern match on one or either end?

I just look at the definition and have a hard time fitting it in. I'm
looking at some examples, though, so I'm sure I'll get it.

And why is it called full stop? Ok, maybe the definition doesn't make any
kind of sense to me, ie, practical usage.

Does it mean match anything that, say, *starts* with a pattern but ends with
"whatever" (.)???

Thanks!

--
Jared Farrish
Intermediate Web Developer

Abraham Maslow: "If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see
every problem as a nail." $$