Re: Web Application Design Literature

I'm looking for recommendations on literature which will give me ideas
on best practices for design and implementation of web applications,
with if possible, PHP as its core reference language.

Syntax has never been the challenge for me, like for most, it's always
been the most practical and intelligent way to break up an application
and focus on how to putting it all together for reusability and
maintaining the application.

Anyhow, suggestions are appreciated.

Check out www.opensourcecms.org and look for the type of app you need for
suggestions of different prebuilt php projects.

http://www.opensourcecms.com/

I like the Harry Fuecks books on sitepoint, as well as the O'Reilly books.
Professional PHP5 from Wrox is pretty good, too.

For a general framework-style, I like seagull:

http://www.seagullproject.org

If you're going to be doing object-oriented programming techniques, keep in
mind PHP is quite a bit different from other languages (such as C#) in the
way it implements some details of objects, and that PHP4 and PHP5 are quite
significantly different versions, vis-a-vis objects and classes.

Good luck!

--
Jared Farrish
Intermediate Web Developer

Abraham Maslow: "If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see
every problem as a nail." $$