From: Jim Lucas [mailto:lists@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2007 1:07 AM
To: Brian Seymour
Cc: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Too many records to display in one web page

Brian Seymour wrote:
> Eduardo,
> The best way to do it is on both a php and sql level. Use sql's limit
> keyword in your query to return only the amount of records you want. For
> instance, page 1 will have LIMIT 0, 9 in the query. Page 2 will have LIMIT
> 10, 19. Then you can simply use *_fetch_array and a foreach(maybe) to
> iterate through all the values. If you want to have the the amount of
> records dynamically generate then either have a asdf.php?min=0&max=9 or
just
> do min = (page * 10) - 10 and max = (page * 10) - 1. Many different ways
> do this. However I find this one to be the most efficient.

problem with your example.

Limit is not used that way

Check out this page for further explanation

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/select.html#id3064319

Here is something I whipped together for this as an example

<?php

$page = 1;
$rowsPerPage = 10;
$start = 0;

if (
	isset($_GET['page']) &&
	is_numeric($_GET['page']) &&
	$_GET['page'] >= $page
	) {
	$start = ($rowsPerPage * floor($_GET['page']) );
}

$SQL = "select * from table LIMIT {$start}, {$rowsPerPage}"

display results...

?>

Let me know if I completely confused you.  I am often confusing...

Jim Lucas