Re: Re: installing error

thank you jared!, Im gonna try WAMPP!!, I hope this work, and a message for
php people: nice product but make it easy! lol

thank you
Rafa

On 5/26/07, Jared Farrish <farrishj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you very much for you answers!!! =), but Im trying to work with
> PostgreSQL.

I have never installed PostgreSQL, but I have installed Apache and PHP
together. Three suggestions:

1. Forget the installers. They are worthless, since all you're doing is
adding or editing a few config file lines, plus adding a PATH variable.
2. Where and how you change those files is important, though, so you need
google the version of php and apache you are installing and follow those
directions. It's tricky the first time, though. Be patient.
3. Start apache during your testing through a command-line. The error
reporting is much better on the command-line.

Also, really try not to put your PHP library in your System32 folder. This
is bad practice. Edit the PATH variable to point at where it should be
looking for the library.

> So Im gonna review your suggestions in order to see which would be the
best
> for me

WAMPP makes apache and php installation stupid easy (MySQL too, but you
don't seem to need it). Maybe, you might install WAMPP, uninstall MySQL,
and
install PostgreSQL... Never done it, but with some fiddling, it should
work.

--
Jared Farrish
Intermediate Web Developer

Abraham Maslow: "If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see
every problem as a nail." $$