Re: setting windows folder to chmod 644

On May 25, 2007, at 10:50 AM, Daniel Brown wrote:

On 5/25/07, Tijnema <tijnema@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/25/07, blueboy <ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How can I do the equivalent of this in windows or is there a tool I can
> use?
>
> R.

Windows file systems don't have permissions like Unix-bases file systems.
For FAT16/FAT32 there are only a few (Read-Only & Hidden), for NTFS
file system there are more permissions (user/group based), I have no
clue how to set them, except for the RMB->Properties->check boxes at
bottom.
But I don't even think you need them, default settings are fine, they
are at least 644 equivalent I believe.

Tijnema

   You may want to check out the DOS command 'attrib'.  I used to use
that on DOS boxes before Windows was really much of anything.  I'm
sure it's still in the modern Windows versions, too.

In fact, I just checked, and it is.... here's a link from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/ proddocs/en-us/attrib.mspx?mfr=true

I thought windows versions of PHP tried to do the "right thing" for the chmod(), chown() and chgrp(), translating them to the best windows equivalent it can? Can't seem to find it in the manual atm, so I'm not sure where I picked it up.

Ed