Re: Re: Protecting MySQL Injection from PHP form

On May 25, 2007, at 10:44 AM, Darren Whitlen wrote:

Jared Farrish wrote:
On 5/25/07, Jason Pruim <japruim@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I apologize for posting the entire add script, but I wasn't sure what was needed to check if I was doing it right or not. I figured in this
case it was better to give to much info rather then not enough. My
big main goal it to make this bit of software as secure/safe as
possible.
No apology necessary. As long as you're not posting 90 lines for a one-line
question, you're ok.
Regardless of what one person or another thinks, I find that it's often useful to see how other people approach problems and get around them. For instance, checking for character encoding is something I really have never done. I happen to think it's a useful best practice to use unit testing techniques to verify posted data, but some people (obviously) view this as
overkill. To each his own.
Now if only I could get a check box to show up so I can delete
multiple people at one time :) But I'm still learning about that.

I sure hope you're testing on test data, and not live data...

Brings back bad memories :(

No... No live data, just a little web application I'm working on to give my customers another option for their mailing lists.

I've done to much on live data before and I don't like it... Too many issues happen :)