From: Stut <stuttle@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Jean-Christophe Roux <jcxxr@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 7:34:24 AM
Subject: Re:  two php scripts with same $_SESSION variables

Jean-Christophe Roux wrote:
 > I have folder A with the following php script:
 > <?php
 > session_start();
 > $_SESSION['dummy']=10;
 > echo $_SESSION['dummy'];
 > ?>
 > in folder B (same level as A), there is
 > <?php
 > session_start();
 > echo $_SESSION['dummy'];
 > ?>
> when running the script in B, in can see the value 10. How can I make sure that the $_SESSION['dummy'] is not shared between the two scripts? I could change the name but that would not be convenient.

You'll have to change the name. The whole point of sessions is to allow
scripts to share variables between requests.

-Stut

Get your own web address. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49678/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL> Have a HUGE year through Yahoo! Small Business. < http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49678/*http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/?p=BESTDEAL>