Re: [PHP-INSTALL] Mailparse extension

On 5/21/07, Tim Donnelly <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I should preface this by saying, I am not a PHP person.  I have been able to install php in the past and get things to work, but this time I am having fits.

I am running php 5.2.1, apache 1.3.34, OpenSuSE 10.0 on a 64bit AMD platform.

I have compiled php with the following statement:

'./configure' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--with-pspell' '--enable-mbstring' '--with-mysql' '--with-libdir=/lib64' '--enable-mailparse'

and installed mailparse 2.1.1 via PECL.  Running pecl list confirms that mailparse 2.1.1 stable is installed.  I have added the line:

extension=mailparse.so

to my php.ini file.

However, my email server software (@Mail v5.04) says mailparse is not installed.  I attempted to run the code posted by wberrier at yahoo dot com found here http://us2.php.net/mailparse  and all I got was a blank screen.  As I said, I'm not a php person do I don't know if this is conclusive proof of a problem or not.

Can anybody help me?  I can provide additional information if needed.

Thanks

Tim Donnelly
Systems/Network Administrator
Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries
(303)759-3399 x106

To start, run a phpinfo.php script which contains phpinfo(). That will
reliably tell you if mailparse is installed.

Did you restart your web server after adding the module and editing php.ini?

Does mailparse, by any chance, need a [mailparse] section in php.ini
to set its parameters?

Are you certain there is not an old instance of Apache running?

Hope this helps - Miles