Re: PHP Data Mining/Data Scraping

Shannon Whitty wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a piece of software or coding that will let me post a form to another URL, accept the response, search it for a specific "success" string and then let me continue processing the rest of my program.

I want to accept queries on behalf of my supplier, forward it to them behind the scenes, accept their response and display it within my website.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Is there a simple, basic utility to let me do this?

I was kind of hoping I could avoid developing it myself.

cURL should be able to help you with that :)

www.php.net/curl

--
Johan Holst Nielsen
Freelance PHP Developer - http://phpgeek.dk