Re: Just to prove my point (used to be -> Re: [PHP] People's misbehavior on the list)

Jim Lucas wrote:
PHP Developer wrote:
some people don't remove the "Re:" prefix when answering to the questions It opens a new topic on the list and that's not appropriate . Thank ya

       ---------------------------------
Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

Clients that rely on the subject to determine if it a new thread are broken.

In fact, if you looked the headers of your email you will see a line like this

message-id: <757360.51350.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

my client takes that line and make a reference to it like this.

references: <757360.51350.qm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

it will also create a new message-id: line.  something like this.

message-id: <d8269d910705181310k1f1416efq8ef7b77e793d77b6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

if anybody replies to my message, the process is repeated.

Real, non-broken, email clients rely on the above lines to determine how messages belong to one another. Again, it has nothing to do with the subject line. Look at the subject line of this message.

If the email client started a new thread for my last message, then your email client broken.

	Sounds like a Jeff Foxworthy joke...

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Unknown