Re: Can't link image directory?

On 5/18/07, Haig Dedeyan <haig@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry for the lack of information.

I also was wrong about the subdirectory name. It's "Images" and not "Image"

The workstation is running WinXP Pro while PHP 5 & Apache 2 are on Suse
10.1.
I also installed apache2 & php5 on a WinXP Pro system and the same problem
occurs.

I have tried 7 workstations and they are all giving the same problem.

Whether the subdirectory is "Images" or "images", it makes no difference,
the problem is still there.

Once I rename that "images" or "Images" directory, all is fine.

What are you trying to say here?
It doesn't work with Images and images, but when you change it from
images to Images it works? Clarify yourself please.

Here's the code:

<?php

$path = '//path to directory/';
$dir_handle = opendir($path) or die("Unable to open $path");
$paths = array();
while ($file = readdir($dir_handle))
{
    if(!is_dir($file))
    {
        $paths[] = "$path$file";
    }
}
closedir($dir_handle);
sort($paths);
echo '<ul>';
$x="0";
foreach ($paths as $link) {

    $show = substr($link,strrpos($link, '/')+1);
    echo "<li><a href=
'file://$paths[$x]'>$show</a></li>\n";
        $x++;
}
echo '</ul>';

?>

Just did a quick look at your code, and it's quite strange what you have.
First, you said you're script lists subdirectory's, but you're
checking for everything that isn't a dir. So it's normal that your
images subdirectory isn't listed.
Second, why does your path start with // ? one is enough :)
At last, why are you using file:// in your link? You're using a
webserver to display the contents, but file:// links to files on the
local hard drive. Unless the server is running on the same machine
you're visiting the site with, it will fail to point to the right
file.

Tijnema

ps. Please don't top post.

On 5/18/07, Tijnema ! <tijnema@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 5/18/07, Haig (Home) <hdedeyan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I have a simple script that scans a directory and will output a
list of
> sub
> > directories as a hyperlink.
> >
> > Script is working fine. Only problem I have is that if there is a
> > subdirectory called "Image", my script won't see it. If I rename
that
> > subdirectory to anything else, it will see it.
> >
> > If I use a standard href line to link that "image" subdirectory,
that's
> fine
> > but then it won't show up alphabetically when the other folders are
> linked.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Haig
>

> We can't guess what you did wrong, show us relevant parts of your
code.

> Tijnema
>
> --

    I'm guessing that it's just a typo, but are "Image" (first mention)
and
"image" (all lower-case, second mention) actually the exact same
directory?
Remember, all POSIX-based systems (*nix, Linux, BSD, MacOS) are all
cAsE-sEnSiTiVe.

    Also, in addition to Tijnema's request, please supply your basic
server
configuration (WIMP, LAMP, et cetera).  For example:

        Linux (Redhat 7.1)
        Apache 1.3.37
        MySQL 3.23
        PHP 3.4.4

    Just *please* don't tell me you have that configuration!  ;-P

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272