To: "Rangel Reale" <listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 6:41 PM
Subject: Re:  Download speed limit

Rangel Reale wrote:
Hello!

For my application I need to limit the speed that my application sends data, in my case a binary file.

I need to send the speed as a parameter, like:

sendfile.php?speed=20000

Would send the file at 20kb/s (forgetting about real byte counts for this example).

To send the file, I am doing:

    $fp=fopen($this->contentfile,"rb");
    while(!feof($fp)){
        print(fread($fp,1024*8));
        flush();
        ob_flush();
    }
    fclose($fp);

If after ob_flush I do a sleep(), I can limit the speed, but I would like to limit at the speed of the parameter.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Rangel

on average, how big are the files that you will be sending?

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Unknown