RE: Boilerplate Requirements Document for Web Site Kinda' OT

[snip]
Can anyone provide or direct me to the subject?

I need more than a checklist of what to include. Something to go over
with the client, complete the sections, and create a document to
determine scope and determine price.
[/snip]

Web sites are like elbows and opinions. Everyone has one or two and they
are almost always never the same. I have been in the industry for a long
time and have never seen a boilerplate requirements document for a web
site. It has always been my opinion that the developer is responsible
for listening to the customer and then writing a requirements document.
That document is subject to many revisions before becoming final...and
everyone signs off on it.

Having said that there are some questions to ask (none of them technical
mind you, because the customer doesn't know how a developer
develops...and really does not care);

What do you want your web site to do for you? (advertise, build
community, sell stuff, etc.)
Who will supply the graphics? (you or a design firm)
Who will design the layout? (you or a design firm)
Do you need;
   a. a __________ for staff or users (forum, gallery, etc)
   b. e-commerce (order fulfillment, payment acceptance, etc.)
   c. a maintenance contract (with all conditions spelled out, including
delivery times, do you [the developer] provide a warranty of any type
and what does it cover)
Who will update content? (you or them, and if them what tools do they
expect)

These questions will beget many others....good luck!