Re: Making code public -- What steps to take? GPL?

On 5/13/07, Daniel Brown <parasane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   If you want to retain some credit but don't care about
distribution/modification/redistribution, check out the MIT license (more
commonly referred to as the X or X11 license).  We're using it in a project
that combines PHP and text-to-speech technology.  It allows people to
improve (or degrade) our code, but says that we should still get our names
at the top as the original authors.

You know more than me daniel :P

All current releases aren't packed with any license, and in
sourceforge the PHP license is selected i believe :P

I'd say, don't worry too much about the license, just put your name on
top of the code, and some other nonsense, like:
You're allowed to use this code, as long as you leave above lines
intact., where above your credit is listed of course.

Tijnema

On 5/13/07, Micky Hulse <micky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Micky Hulse wrote:
> > Or, should I just not worry about this?
>
> Well shux! I love it when I answer my own questions:
>
> <http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorials/19/0.php>
>
> I blame it on lack of sleep!
>
> The GNU GPL License sounds like what I need. :D
>
> Cheers,
>

> --
> Wishlists: <http://snipurl.com/1gqpj>
>     Switch: <http://browsehappy.com/>