RE: Articles system

On Tue, May 8, 2007 2:54 pm, WeberSites LTD wrote:
> structure and semantics influence how the page looks.
> One browser may overlook a missing </TABLE> and
> show the page and another may not. validating
> will show where you may have gone wrong.
>
> Writing "good" HTML is good practice :)

To be pedantic:

Validating MIGHT show you where you have gone wrong.

Or it might not.

Or, another way, a page that validates is more likely to render
somewhat consistently cross-platform than one that doesn't, on
average.

It's much more likely to continue to render in browser version
upgrades on the same os/browser.

But there's no guarantee it will render how you want, or at all,
really, until you see that sucker actually displayed in that
browser/OS with your own eyes.

Or, in my case, with the Designer's eyes, as I'm unlikely to spot a
few zillion buglets in display...  I see what I want to see, and
probably won't even notice that image dangling over the input box
differently on all three browsers, or the one paragraph in Times
instead of Verdana or...

Designer folks tend to look at me funny when I make them point to
exactly has their knickers in a twist, but there it is.  I won't even
notice it until they point to it.

Oh well.  Maybe I just got used to a heck of a lot of ugly sites too
early on.

Remember when the IMG tag was controversial?

OMG!!! Like, 5K on a webpage?  Are you crazy?  Nobody will visit that!

:-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?