Re: Image Resize with LibGD

On Tue, May 8, 2007 3:17 am, Christian Haensel wrote:
> I am using imagecreatetruecolor() and imagecopyresampled() to resize
> oversized images and am overlaying them with an transparent PNG to add
> watermark. That works just well for oversized images.
>
> Now, let's say I have a small image and would like to stretch it by 50
> 100% of its original size... I know there will be a loss of quality.
> But
> maybe someone out there has had to deal with the same before and knows
> the
> best way to do that?

I suspect you'll never be totally happy with the result of stretching
an image...

You're basically attempting to re-construct lost pixel data that
simply isn't there...

In my limited experience, you're almost always better off just leaving
the image alone rather than expanding it.

You can make it "bigger" by framing it centered in a "larger" image of
transparent pixel border, and then your watermark will blot out huge
chunks of it, perhaps, but it will layout okay, and at least the bits
of image one can see aren't all chunky/ugly.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?