Re: Redirect via GET is loosing characters

   If it's on the same domain/user account, that's probably a better
idea.... but with $data['rurl'] being used, I'm (ignorantly) assuming that
RURL = Remote URL.

On 5/3/07, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, May 3, 2007 9:26 am, Merlin wrote:
> I am checking plausability inside a php script that receives a POST
> submit. If an error occures the user should be redirected back, along
> with his original data filled into the forms.
>
> There is a problem with this. As the GET method, which the redirect is
> using, only allows a certain amount of characters, the text is always
> cut down.
>
> I use this:
> HEADER("Location:".$data[rurl]."?error=".$error.$parameter);
>
> Is there a way to redirect the user to the form and fill in large
> text?

Not really, no, not with the re-direct...

But why do you feel the need to do a re-direct anyway?

With a simple re-structuring of your code, you can just do an
"include" to get the form back in with the data pre-filled, and have
them try again.

Why waste an HTTP connection, more hard drive hits to include all your
function libraries (or whatever), ...?

You've already GOT all the info you need in your hands right there to
display what you want to display.  Just display it.

:-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?