Re: A problem with passing $_GET in an url

If you're using window.location="./script.php?var=value", it's not actually using a variable, it's using a string.

If you're just using the above as an example, then could you please post the line of javascript for redirecting.

Travis.

Davis Chan wrote:
Hi! New to this newsgroup and is debugging a strange behaviour in a site under development. The developement platform is a Linux box running Fedora Core 6, Apache 2.2.3-5 and php-5.1.6-3. Here is the general flow of that particular part of the site:

php generated form ---(data submitted by pressing "submit" on the form and "ok" on a javascript confirm box)---> window.location="./script.php?var=value" ---> script.php process the form data

The problem is I cannot pass the "var=value" to script.php (the url on browser only says ./script.php? and $_GET is empty with a print_r() ) but if I type in the url manually, the script.php works. I checked the javascript also and it is ok.

I understand this might not be a php problem but I am totally lost. Any idea, insight, opinion is welcomed. Thanks.