Re: Script feedback: insert string into another string

Hey Richard! Thanks for the reply. I was hoping someone would re-visit my questions.

Richard Lynch wrote:
I can GUARANTEE that PHP's wordwrap did NOT issue those cookies.

Oh, for sure. I understand that.

I guess what I was trying to say/ask was this:

1. wordwrap() is a little different than the function I wrote because it counts characters only... I need to count words. I am sure wordwrap could be modified to count words, but I have yet to really explore this option.

2. Brad S. posted some information about cookies and my script, but did not really explain what he was talking about... I just read your post about what those cookies are, and it makes things a bit more clear (thanks!), but what was Brad getting at? I want good security, and it sounded like Brad was saying he could access cookies through my form? I am not very familiar with XSS attacks, but that sounded like what Brad was getting at... So my first thought was this:

"I thought striptags() would take care of such problems [XSS attack]... but it sounds like I need to filter my [input] strings [via form] with htmlentities... no?"

Lol, I hope I am not confusing you or anyone else. :D

Thanks again for you help! I really appreciate it.

Have a great day and/or night.
Cheers!
Micky

--