Re: Bounce composition

On Wed, May 2, 2007 2:57 pm, Oliver Block wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2007 20:11 schrieb Richard Lynch:
>> Does anybody have or know of a good simple PHP script that can take
>> an
>> email as an input, and compose a "Bounce" email as output?
>>
>> I need something that does just that, without a huge framework or a
>> zillion other "features"...
>
> please try this:
>
> $env['from'] = 'ceo@xxxxxxxxx';
> $env['to'] = 'ceo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx';
> $env['remail'] = imap_fetchheader($stream, $msgno);

I don't think that's what a "bounce" looks like, is it?...

I guess I was hoping somebody had worked out the minutiae of composing
a bounce message in PHP from the input headers.

I don't need help with the IMAP part of it, just the RFCxxxx bit about
making up a bounce message, without actually having to spend hours
poring over RFCs, which is not my idea of a Good Time... :-)

Or maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, and that IS what a
bounced email looks like...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?