Re: FW: I really need help

On Sun, April 29, 2007 6:29 pm, Stephen Hernandez wrote:
> These were the values I had to change which I guess is where the
> problem
> is. I was supposed to change host to the name of the computer where
> MySQL is installed. But I do not know what name I should put, the name
> of my site is spanishbyproz.com. In the example Janet uses she puts
> datebasehost.mycompany.com . What should I write for host ?
>
> I would really appreciate any advice and am sorry it is such a basic
> question.

Only your webhost knows for 100% sure what those should be...

It's often in their FAQ on their site.

Sometimes it's buried in your "Control Panel" (ugh) on your webserver.

Sometimes it's in your "Welcome!" email that you got from them.

Sometimes, they expect you to just "know" that the $host is
'localhost' (which means MySQL runs on the same box as your webserver)
and that the username and password are the same as your login/FTP
username/password for the site itself.

Hope that helps...

If not, you'll have to contact your webhost that you are paying to
host your site, as they are the only ones who really really really
know for sure.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?