mime_magic support empty ?

Hi,

I previously wrote a post about mime_magic issue.
i would like to add some details about result from phpinfo() function.

when i check it i can see that "mime_magic support" is empty. not set to
enabled or disabled... only empty cell.
I also tried the standard magic.mime file delivered with PHP 5.1.2 but
nothing.

i tried On/Off for debug => nothing.
i tried another magic.mine file from GnuWin32 or from another version of PHP
=> nothing.

I'm lost :-(
My web host provider will not accept to use the PCEL dll file. I've seen
that on his server magic_mime works perfectly.
So as i would like to develop it on my computer, i need to have it also
working there.

Any suggestion ?

thanks a lot,

--