Re: Server-Side Speech --- New Project Discussion (PHP/C++ Developers?)

   Okay, anyone interested in joining the project can subscribe to the
official mailing list (sounds fancy!) set up for the project at:

   I'm looking forward to getting into discussions and debates, and getting
the project off the ground.

On 4/27/07, Tijnema ! <tijnema@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 4/27/07, Daniel Brown <parasane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    Even beyond the scope of what this small project will be, I was
thinking
> (for once!) that it probably will not be too horribly difficult to
> incorporate some code into PHP itself that would allow functions such as
> text2wav(), et al.  After all, the Festival TTS engine itself, which
we'll
> be using as a foundation (and first floor even), is already written in
C++,
> so hopefully back-porting it to PHP's native C language core won't prove
> be too much of a nightmare.
>
>    Just a thought....

Is it 100% C++?

that could be a serious problem, AFAIK, unless we are creating a
shared library of course, because from that point, the language
doesn't matter (not sure about static, but i believe it is the same)

And what about other TTS engines? FreeTTS? Festival-lite?

Tijnema

> On 4/27/07, Daniel Brown <parasane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> >     That's what I'm going to try to do, Tedd.  I'll post updates
> > throughout the day to include the new mailing list address and such
(so
> > we're not flooding the PHP list with stuff about a specific project)
and

http://earthstones.com

--
Daniel P. Brown