Re: Uploaded file

On 4/26/07, PHP <php_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
How do I pass an uploaded file, from a form, to a class?

I have a file type on the form called file.

The variable $file is fine in my php code, can be used normally.

But, I want to pass it to a class then manipulate the file, but it does not work.

$cMyClass->fnManipulateFile($file);

the function fnManipulateFile gets $file only as the path the file was temporarily uploaded to (tmp/98rsof398)
but the other variables are blank, such as $file_name.

is it possible to do this? or do I have to pass each one, like $file_name, $file_size, etc.?

Thanks,
Chris

You should move your uploaded file first with the move_uploaded_file
function, and then perform actions on it :)

Tijnema