Opening file

Hi list,

I have been trying to make "printer friendly version" feature for a
web site and have encountered a problem. Each page of the web site is
composed of a header.php, footer.php and the content of the page which
uses "include_once" to include the above mentioned pages. I have tried
all known methods of reading the file I want to have "printer friendly
version" for, but all of them return a complete page (page with code
of footer.php and header.php included, and not the original).

So, here is what I get:
***********************
<title>aaa</title>
some content here
***********************

And what I need is:
***********************
<?
include_once "header.php"
?>
some content here
<?
include_once "footer.php"
?>

After I get the original code I can exclude the "include" php tags and
print only the main content.

So, the question is: is there any way (except for FTP functions) to
solve this?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ed