IE and cookie issues in PHP app

Hi all. I have built an online events directory in php (
http://dontjustsitthere.co.uk) where people can find local events and also
post their events. The app is composed of a single page, index.php, that
generates different content depending on the parameters passed to it and
uses sessions for persistence.

I have had nothing but pain with IE6 with this, I don't use any third-party
cookies and one issue was resolved by using this line at the top of the
page:

ini_set('session.name', 'couchy');
session_start();

To post an event, the first form processes the category and postcode of the
event plus a captcha field. The fields are validated and cleaned and then
passed into $_SESSION.

On the next stage I perform a cookie check, and if there are issues warn the
user. This has been happening to every IE6 user, they can't get past the
first page - so that means that $_SESSION['category'] and
$_SESSION['postcode'] are not being populated.

I thought I had this nailed but it's rearing it's butt-ugly head again.
Anyone aware of the probable cause of this?

--
http://www.web-buddha.co.uk