Re: problem with shared object file

Marten Lehmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to include a shared object file with the function dl(). But I
> always get:
>
> Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic library
> '/homepages/xyz/util.so' - /homepages/xyz/util.so: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory in /homepages/xyz/test.php on line 5

Ahhhh. I got curious and looked at the docs:

http://uk.php.net/manual/en/function.dl.php

Parameters

library

    This parameter is only the filename of the extension to load which
also depends on your platform. For example, the sockets extension (if
compiled as a shared module, not the default!) would be called
sockets.so on Unix platforms whereas it is called php_sockets.dll on the
Windows platform.

Are you specifying the full path or just the filename? I'm guessing the
former judging by it's location in your filesystem - e.g. not in the
right place ;)

Col.