Re: TrueType font changes size when rotated?

On Wed, April 25, 2007 3:33 pm, Seth Price wrote:
> I downloaded your image, enlarged it, and measured it out in
> photoshop. The distance from the center to the left side is 131px,
> and center to right side is 129px. Diameter to top is 129px, and to
> bottom is 130px.
>
> While it may not be an obvious ellipse, it's enough to throw off my
> calculations.

Enlarged it how?

As soon as you "scale" an image, rounding errors are introduced...

Take his source, maybe with a font 10 X bigger,  and then using
imagecolorat to examine each pixel in the original, and see if it's
off...

And, really, if drawing text with a 1-pixel error margin throws you
off, you're in trouble anyway...

Though the super dark 90-degree text versus the others with much
larger variations in length is disconcerting, in your image, if those
length calculations are correct...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?